“My goal as a Healthcare Provider and Nutritionist in Private Practice is to inspire and empower clients to achieve and maintain an improved quality of life!”
Giving Back to Seattle and Washington State – Beve Kindblade and Seattle Nutrition donate 5% of annual after-tax profits to organizations approved by Charity Navigator working to make our world a healthier place now and for future generations.
Beve started a private practice in 2005 after more than 15 years as a clinical nutritionist, health educator and nutrition professor. She is not your “typical” dietitian or nutritionist. Her experience extends beyond the traditional hospital or outpatient clinic with a focus on integrating the best of traditional nutrition medicine with a natural health twist. Beve is passionate about nutrition and provides the support and guidance needed to help her clients feel better immediately and achieve their health and wellness goals.
As a native of North Carolina, Beve grew up eating a traditional Southern diet. Grits, beans and greens are still her favorite foods – but now the grits are organic, stone-ground with beans, legumes and greens from sustainable farms in Washington State. She moved to the Pacific Northwest in 1974 as a teenager just out of high school. “It was like moving to a different country” Beve says, in describing the lifestyle, cultural and food differences of those “two worlds” back then.
Before starting her own company in 2005, Beve gained the expertise for private practice through the following work and educational experiences:
- Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) at Bastyr University (2000-2005) in Kenmore, WA.
- Nutrition Clinic Faculty (2000-2004) at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health in Seattle, WA.
- Nutrition Professor (1994-99) at Shoreline Community College in Shoreline, WA.
- Beve started her career as a Clinical Nutritionist (1991-94) at the University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
- Graduated from the University of Washington (1993), with a Master of Science degree in Nutrition Sciences.
- Completed a 1000-hour dietitian internship at Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington Medical Center and local community nutrition and food service sites in Seattle and Puget Sound (1990-91).
- Passed a national board exam requirements for the Registered Dietitian (RD) credential in 1991.
- BS in Foods and Nutrition from Oregon State University in 1987 and graduated from Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon in 1985.
Beve is featured in Chapter 9 of “The Kitchen Counter Cooking School – How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks” by Kathleen Flinn, 2011. She is a regular speaker at many health and wellness events around Puget Sound.
1904 Third Ave, Ste 935
Seattle WA 98101