Pre-Teens & Adolescents
The Pre-Teen & Teen years can be challenging. Influences are coming from all directions. This is the time when teens are also consuming more meals away from home.
- Teens? Are you sleeping your life away on weekends? Fatigue and low energy are not normal at any age!
- Pre-teen and teen athletes – stay well-fed and nourished. Metabolic testing accurately calculates your calorie needs at rest and with exercise in as little as 10 minutes. Get tested today with the Korr REEvue available at Seattle Nutrition.
- Early identification of common nutritional deficiencies through nutrition lab evaluations.
- Iron deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency and low vitamin D levels are common in teens. Get tested! Get treated!
- Getting to know your body, with a deeper understanding of weight – optimal weight, weight loss and weight gain.
- Nourishing your skin from the inside out and addressing acne and other skin issues.
- Vegetarian and vegan diets – relax, you can eat enough protein!
- Choosing healthy & delicious beverages and snacks.
- Making better food choices for away-from-home meals.
- Need to learn how to cook? Beve has great resources for local classes and online podcasts to make it easier.
- Leaving for college? Or leaving for Study Abroad? Will you be eating in the cafeteria? Sharing meals with peers or a host family? Beve can help you make better meal and snack choices wherever you are living!
Discover Articles by Beve Kindblade:
Summer weather- winter weather! Those of us in the Pacific NW have had a dose of both in the past week! Yes, vitamin D is my passion! This is the time to have your nutrition labs checked to see how much vitamin D you made from the sun this year. From recent lab...
Getting a Colonoscopy? Having a Tooth Extracted? You may have already had a colonoscopy, a tooth extraction or elective surgery and received paperwork about the "prep," liquid diets, when to stop eating and to avoid aspirin. But should you also stop taking any or all...
Might sound a little strange coming from a natural health nutritionist, but I want to thank the makers of Crisco shortening for getting me started on my career. Back in rural North Carolina farming country during the early 1970s, Crisco was a staple ingredient in just...